Expand Your Business with Commercial Leasing
Choosing to lease a space for everyday business operations means you might not be ready for the commitment of ownership. This is a wise move for businesses that have just moved or expanded into the area or entrepreneurs who are testing out the market before settling on a permanent home. Whatever your situation, Kaufman Construction & Development can make the process easy with our readily-available listings of commercial properties in the Olympia area.
Commercial leasing offers flexibility and low-cost options for business owners and entrepreneurs.
Property for Lease in Olympia
Our property management team leases over 1 million square feet of warehouse, retail, and office space. We guarantee that our buildings have plenty of usable floor area that will provide everything you need to improve daily operations, ultimately ensuring the growth of your business.
Need transparent and fair lease terms? The Kaufman family is invested in the community, and that means making sure its business owners are satisfied and successful. Our goal is to benefit all involved. We help our clients to understand the lease contract terms, including provisions and variables, so there are no surprises down the line.
How to know if leasing is best for your business?
If you’re uncertain about your business’s growth over the next year or so, a shorter term lease might be the best option. On the other hand, if you’re confident about prospects, a long-term lease might save you money.
Advantages of a commercial lease versus ownership:
- The Small Business Administration requires around ten percent down on loans. Real estate leasing only requires a deposit and initial payments.
- Rental costs for businesses are usually tax deductible, meaning lower occupancy costs over time.
- A leased space does not count as part of your overall liabilities and assets.
- Leased property has the added benefit of ongoing maintenance services by a management team.
- If your business undergoes drastic changes, a leased space gives you the ability to move without having to sell the property.
Well-Maintained, Affordable Buildings for Lease
Fortunately, Olympia and the surrounding suburbs are still feasible locations for operating a business without the expenses that come with more densely populated urban areas. Thurston county offers a great balance of business opportunity and affordability. It’s no accident that our own contracting business has found success here for more than fifty years.
Helpful tips for getting started in your search for property:
- Ask which parts of the terms are negotiable.
- Look over the terms of the leasing agreement. How do the terms benefit you?
- What does the market in your desired area provide for your business?
- Which types of leases are available? Long-term? Short-term? What are the benefits of each?
- Does the unit need adjustments? Are improvements included in the lease?
- Don’t be afraid to ask about rules regarding maintenance and utilities. Good property managers should be responsible for keeping the building well-maintained.
Contact us to get started on leasing your new commercial space!
Our experienced team can help answer your questions regarding properties in the area as well as lease agreements, site visits, and ongoing support. All of our properties are well-maintained, clean, and upgraded to provide energy efficiency and structural safety.